Thursday, March 22, 2012

Somero Flower Power!

OK.  I am going to set you a challenge... is anyone reading this in Somero up for it? (and if you are reading this at the weekend... you can still join in, it's not too late!)

This week I was dreading going back to work on Monday, but just as I was feeling really low, my friend Miia walked in holding a lovely flower and it brightened up my whole day.  Simple things often have a great effect.

Now I'd like you to help me achieve the same thing here in Somero this week.

I was given some money recently to get some flowers...but I thought that rather than me buying a big bunch of flowers for myself, it would be much better to use the money to spread a little happiness amongst as many people as possible. That way we could all be smiling!  But I need your help.

I have just come back from Somero's florist, "Someron Kukkakeskus Kauppi," where Timo Kauppi and Taina Lehtinen were very happy to help with this idea.

There are now twenty flowers at the shop waiting to be picked up. BY YOU.

All you need to do is pop into the shop and pick up a flower, then take it to someone...anyone at all (except me - because I have already had one!) in order to brighten up their day.

It could be someone you love, a friend, a neighbour, a member of your family or someone you hardly know. It doesn't matter at all. Just take a flower to someone whose day would be better as a result.

In this way we turn one bunch of flowers into twenty, and in my opinion twenty smiles will always be better than one. Let's see if between us we could raise a few smiles this week in Somero.

Will you help me spread a little happiness in Somero this week?





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your source of ideas is unfailing!Again a nice one to be added when it comes to that source.Hopefully you are prepared to transmit congratulations to Akseli on his name day tomorrow...on behalf of the English Club!Akseli is quite a famous squirrel at present...
Heikki

jodymerelle said...

I will definitely pass on your good wishes to Akseli... I am sure he will be very pleased!

I hope you will also pick up a flower and give it to someone in need of a smile!

Cameron said...

Today mummy told me to do the flower challenge and I did it! it as scary but i did it:) I gave my flower to the librarian! And i hardly know her!!

Anonymous said...

I`m the one who get a flower :-) Thank you and thanks to Kirsti.

jodymerelle said...

I'm very happy to hear that the flowers are finding to good homes!

I hope it brightened your day a little bit! Sunny wishes for the week,

Jody