Friday, March 9, 2012

Saappat Savessa (Part Two)

...and the Somero book project continues.

Today I have started to publicise the Saappaat Savessa book project around town so that people can start writing their contributions for it. I knew when I woke up that I would need to leave notices around the town, but to begin with I couldn't decide what sort of boxes to use in order to collect what people had written.

Then all of sudden I realised the obvious answer. We didn't need boxes...we needed saappaat! (boots)

I found some old red wellington boots and left them in various locations around town. These included the Town Hall, the library, Jussi's Baari and the café on the roundabout where you can also find more information about the book project. Now I just have to hope that people will see them and respond!

I like to believe that when something is meant to happen in life, things will somehow just fall into place, even if it all seems complicated at the outset. Today was just such an example. During my visit to the Town Hall this morning I talked to Taija Ranta about the project, and the plan to publish a book about Somero.

She then told me that one of the themes of the Turku International Book Festival in 2013 will be...you guessed it.... Somero!  So in fact this book could not be timed more perfectly.  Perhaps destiny is on our side?

My family is always laughing when something positive happens and I interpret it as a "sign"...but I like my signs...and I am sure I got one today that this book is meant to be.

Wishing you all a happy and inspirational weekend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have launched this idea about the book project successfully - the plan should be feasible now.Furthermore,your suggestion has the virtue of costing nothing.. :). Let's hope writers are interested in the case!
Heikki

Anonymous said...

What an EXCELLENT idea, Bitch! (BTW, I think I must stop calling you bitch in public).
EVE