Sunday, March 11, 2012

What is This Object?

Veikko Iivonen the Auctioneer
This afternoon I went to Pitkäjärvi again in order to attend the auction. 

For me, going to an auction is a great way to spend an aftenoon, because you always feel as though you are surrounded by history and you never know in advance what you are going to see.

It can also be a good way to meet new people. Today I was lucky enough to sit next to Outi Tuuminen-Rintala who may be a familiar name to those of you who have been to the dentist in Pyöli.

We had an interesting chat about how she has enjoyed living here since the family's move from Espoo.
Hannu Pyykkö and Aulis Aaltonen look for bids





Aulis displays a vintage radio


Does anyone know what this is?

Not everything at the auction is an antique....
 Outi and her husband bought a wooden object which was clearly made by hand and quite old. The only slight problem was that none of us had any idea what it was. It looked slightly familiar but not familiar enough for us to guess what it could be used for. I suggested that I put it on the blog...as I am quite sure that one of you will be able to identify it.

Any ideas please?

If anyone is able to let us know what this wooden thing above is then both Outi and I would be very grateful.  I'll let you know when I have the answer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Un moule pour faire des blocs de savons ?
Katy