Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nestori and The Artist Both Worth Seeing

Go and see The Artist if you get the chance!
Somero's Bio Jukola Cinema


This afternoon Frédéric and I went to Somero's cinema to see the five times Oscar winner, The Artist.

I have to say that I was slighly sceptical at first at the thought of seeing a silent film, but I have to say that it was excellent - the best I have seen in a long time. I was also worried prior to going that it would be pretentious. It wasn't at all.


Friendly service from Nestori
The Artist fully deserved its batch of Oscars. It deals with success and failure and touches arrogance and humility at the same time. At the end of the day it fully deserved its Oscars and if you get the chance I highly recommend that you take the time to go and see it.



Somero is lucky to have its own cinema considering the size of the town and we never have to wait very long to get the latest releases either. I hope that people will keep going to the cinema in Somero so that we don't lose this great facility.

The other big advantage of our own cinema is Nestori. Nestori, when he is not studying at Somero's lukio, works at the cinema selling tickets and refreshments.

The inside of Somero's Cinema
He is one of those people who is naturally welcoming and friendly to everyone he meets and he really does an excellent job. The cinema is lucky to have him. I don't know what he plans to do with his life in the future but I am sure he will make a success of whatever he chooses to do. He just has that way about him.... (I'll try and find out what his plans are!)

Anyway, if you find yourself with some spare time, The Artist is really worth seeing. For a change there is no sex or violence involved....it is just a feel good love story that makes you think about what is important in life, and that can only be a good thing, can't it?

No comments: