Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Akseli is Back!

Since I first started writing this blog seven weeks ago, there is one question that I have been asked more than any other. That question is "Has Akseli come back yet?"

If you don't know what I am talking about you can read the original story here -


Well I am happy to tell you that after weeks of waiting, checking the garden every day, digging paths in the snow and leaving seeds and nuts for him, Akseli has finally returned!



I don't know where Akseli has been all this time, (perhaps on an extended summer break somewhere hot!) but I am over the moon that he is back. I have never been a particularly patient person, but this time it was certainly worth the wait. For me, the fact that I can sit at my window at home and watch a squirrel eating just in front of me is something magical and definitely one of the highlights of my week. Fingers crossed he will stick around this time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy that he finally came back (=
Saskia x

Anonymous said...

Wow! After all, Akseli seems to be reliable...referring to that motto you mentioned earlier :-) . Looking forward how Akseli behaves after the snow has gone away... Heikki

Anonymous said...

As far as i know, and according to WikipediA too:
"Karhu ja orava synnyttävät poikasensa talvella ja imettävät niitä pesässä - kevään tullen poikanen voi alkaa opetellä syömään kiinteää ravintoa kun lumi sulaa."
Difference is that squirrels do not sleep, but collect big amount of food duoring autumn in order to survive over hardest winter.
Them stays at "home", saves enegy and sometimes collect more food from their numerous small storages:)
Kyösti