Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spiritual Celebration in Somero

The members of Mummojen Puutarha



This afternoon I went to Kiiruu School where there was a big gathering of several hundred retired people who had come to celebrate a "spiritual weekend" in Somero. They had been to a church service this morning, and then came to the school for lunch followed by a programme of entertainment.
Elvi looking festive




Anja Känkänen and Mirja Honkanen perform
     


















 I was there to see my friend Elvi give a performance with the group she belongs to known as "Granny's Garden" (Mummojen Puutarha). She looked fantastic!
The retired Archbishop Jukka Paarma

Large turnout in Kiiruu School this afternoon
The former archbishop, Jukka Paarma, gave a talk in which he considered the eternal questions as to why we are here on earth and what is the meaning of life. I would love to have stayed to hear the answers to these questions but I am afraid Niko and Luca were not prepared to wait any longer so I had to leave early. The meaning of their lives this afternoon was to go to R Kioski and buy a tikkari (lollipop).

Still, what I saw of the event was a big success and the performance of the Granny's Garden reading group was really moving. Off for an early night tonight as it's back to work for me tomorrow. Help.....

No comments: