Monday, March 19, 2012

Some Sunshine After All

The good news is that even days that start out wet and grey can end on a more positive note. Just as I was writing the last word of the last post (asking for someone to bring me some sunshine) Miia, a good friend from work who I have not seen in a long time walked into my office holding this beautiful flower. So there it was...the sunshine I had just been hoping for.

I managed to get through my first day back at work, and as Eve commented on the previous post, being separated from Minttu was ROUGH. But of course I got home this evening to find out that she was perfectly happy, had slept for most of the day and probably hadn't even missed me at all. So as usual, the separation was much harder for me than it was for her, and in the end we both survived.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the journey back to Somero was much easier than it had been going to Helsinki this morning. I got back home in an hour and twenty minutes from the centre of Helsinki.  I know that to many people this might sound like too long to spend travelling to work each day... but arriving in Somero is like coming into a different world after working in the capital and it makes every minute of the journey worthwhile.

I'm off to bed for an early night as I am exhausted this evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow evening at the English Club.

Have a happy Tuesday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that your first day at work went somehow fine even that was a grey day. Sunshine game to you with that flower!...and we can feel your sunshine tomorrow when me all meet you in English Group!Best regards! Hannele

Anonymous said...

I am happy that your first day at work went somehow fine even that was a grey day. Sunshine game to you with that flower!...and we can feel your sunshine tomorrow when me all meet you in English Group!Best regards! Hannele