Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Invite Someone for Coffee!

I always dream, sometimes about very odd things...but this week I have had terrible nightmares so I have woken up each morning feeling really exhausted.

For me, the nightmares usually arrive when I am feeling stressed about something, and at the moment it seems to me as though many people I know are also feeling less than perfect. I have had several phone calls and messages from friends over the past few days who are all going through their own difficulties.

So I thought this morning that maybe we should all try to do something about it.  The highlight of my day yesterday was meeting up with some of the Somero English Club for a coffee. This came from a suggestion from Hannele last week that it would be nice to meet up outside the classroom, and it was a great idea. We just chatted and laughed for an hour and it was better than any medicine you can find in the chemist.

So now I send out the same challenge to you. We never know exactly what our friends and family might be going through, but what I can guarantee is that every one of us appreciates having friends, and being invited for a coffee might just brighten up somebody's day.

This week, my suggestion to you is that you invite someone for a coffee who you would not normally have invited. It can be anyone, an old friend, a new acquaintance or just somebody you haven't seen in a long time. If you are too shy to think of another reason, then use this blog as an excuse for the invitation!

It might be the start of a new friendship (or even love story...), it might make an old friend feel valued, or it might just cheer someone up who is going through a hard time.  In any event it can only be a positive thing for friends to spend time together, as some of us did yesterday. So here it is...this week's coffee challenge...you never know the difference you might make to someone's day!

No comments: