Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Babies, Daffodils and the Search for Inspiration!


Saana and Kati
 It was cold again this morning in Somero, -16 degrees when we left the house, but the sun is shining, the sky is bright blue and it really feels as though spring is just around the corner. 

Jenni and Fanni

Having had flu for the last two weeks I haven't been to the Tuesday baby club for a while, but today I popped in with Minttu so that she could see her friends and I could see mine.
Most of us who are parents of young children sometimes feel as though the only subjects in life are feeding times, sleeping patterns and the contents of your baby or toddler's nappy. We all agreed this morning that all Mums (and Dads) need some adult conversation every now and again - even though today we still inevitably discussed baby food, lack of sleep and poo!
Noora and Viljami

Several of us were also discussing work issues this morning and how difficult it is to achieve a good work life balance, especially when you have pre-school children at home. Unless you are a lottery winner, there is no easy answer to this. You have to work in order to pay the bills, but you still can't help feeling guilty that you should really be home with your children. At the end of the day all any of us can do is try to get a balance that we can live with, although I know that it is a challenge many people struggle with. 

Merikukka and her Mum Teija



In order to try and find some inspiration I have now put my desk next to a window overlooking the garden.  As I type these words I can see the sky and the trees and  I like to believe that the solution to all these challenges is out there somewhere. Maybe one day I will even finish the novel that has been sitting in my desk drawer for the last twelve months!

Minttu was happy to see her friends
 


Spring Daffodils on my Desk












Apparently in the UK there are already snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils in the gardens, but for the time being Somero is still covered with snow.  As a compromise I bought some daffodils in a pot to remind myself that winter is almost over.  Here they are on my desk. I hope all of you who might be searching for inspiration find it in the spring sunshine. let me know if you do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just hit the nail on the head..! The shining sun definitely is the thing that creates and strengthens an inspiration,particularly in spring.By the time spring is in full swing even bad memories about the long and cold winter can turn out to be.. just memories!
Heikki

jodymerelle said...

welcome back!