Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Some Light at Last...

There is one good thing about little steps. If you take enough of them, then you can climb mountains.

We took a few little steps today and our new flat is slowly starting to feel like a home. Thanks to our good friends Hannele and Kyösti, we now have some light for the first time in two weeks!

I keep staring at the ceilings just to make sure they are still there and I haven't been dreaming. It's amazing how much you learn to appreciate things that you have previously taken for granted when you are without them for a while.

Having lived in darkness for the last week, getting new lights today felt like winning the lottery.

Saskia and Lucie went to the shop and bought some toffee popcorn which was another highlight to the day.  Luca was full of smiles, Minttu gave the world a big thumbs up, and I have been reminded in a million different ways this week how lucky I am to have such good friends.

However big the mountain ahead of you might seem, you only need two things to conquer it. Small steps and good friends. I am convinced that with those two things, nothing is impossible. Jody.

PS. Just had a spoonful of "Half Baked" Ben and Jerry's ice cream put into my mouth. Pretty good :)

nothing beats toffee popcorn

2 comments:

Katri said...

Somehow the starting of this post reminded me of this song, "Climb" by Miley Cyrus. I'm not actually a big fan of hers, but I somewhat like this song and I think it fits in your situation right now.

"Life is a climb, but the view is great."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShaFa-pAA44

Stephanie said...

Ben & Jerry's. Enough said. That alone would bring me back up from the deepest depth of darkness. :D

Steph