Friday, October 26, 2012

Angels

Market day in Somero
I had a strange morning today. I woke up feeling sad - but over the next couple of hours it was as though someone had sent me a series of angels.

The snow was back - at one point the temperature fell to minus five - so first stop this morning was getting the tyres changed for the car.

It took longer than I had expected. While I was waiting I got chatting to a lady I had never met before. She was called Merja.  We started off talking about the weather, but within five minutes I realised I knew who she was. A good friend of mine had told me about her just three days ago, telling me that she was the best friend she had ever known. And suddenly, there she was. Merja and I talked about various things, and I mentioned Saara Roto, one of Somero's priests. As soon as my car was ready I walked outside, and who was there in front of me... Saara Roto. She gave me a big hug and of course I cried.
Then I stopped by the market on the way home. Two parties were out campaigning for the Sunday elections and there were a few stalls, but it wasn't particularly busy anywhere. The angels theme continued.
Olavi
Within minutes I bumped into Saara's father, Matias Roto, (current "Somerolainen of the Year") and received another hug.

Then out of nowhere a man called Olavi appeared. Like Merja, we had never met before, but in the midst of the freezing cold market there he was. Another angel, who despite knowing nothing about me or my family, said exactly the right words at exactly the right moment.

As I have said before on here, I believe that sometimes you may be doing an angel's work without even realising it. I woke up needing an angel this morning and was sent four in two hours.  However you feel tomorrow morning, good or bad, keep your eyes open for your own angels. But also be ready for the challenge. You yourself might be just the angel that someone else has been waiting for.

1 comment:

Katri said...

"You yourself might be just the angel that someone else has been waiting for." So I wish :) It's great though that you have met angels today. I wish my fallen one (not me) will meet one too.