Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy Name Day Minttu!

Today is Minttu's name day, and she decided to celebrate in style. This morning I put on a Shalamar cd (if you don't know Shalamar, they were a dance band in the 1980s..listen to the song "Night to Remember", and this is the sort of music I used to play when I first started DJing!).  Minttu loves dancing and she waved her hands in the air and danced round the house.

Then when she was getting dressed she said her first proper word "Sukka" (sock in Finnish). She said it three times so I am not imagining it.

Apologies for not having written this week, I currently have no internet connection - but hopefully this will be corrected soon. In the meantime, I wish you all a weekend full of good things, and Happy Name Day to Minttu!

4 comments:

Manu said...

Hyvää nimipäivää Minttu and good weekend for you Jody

Katri said...

Suddenly "sukka" seems like an extremely cute word <3

Anonymous said...

Here are two person in the picture,one is Minttu and the other,her mother is...I just can`t find the words...Jody is so wonderful friend that my words can´t tell that all what I FEEL... Thank You Jody...Minttu and You in picture... behaind my relaxion in the morning in the place,where I could be ´myself',..and I really was! And now in finnish.. Toivon sydämestäni,että kaikki te Jodyn ystävät ´kannattelette' häntä ja hänen aikaansaannoksiaan,joita on jo paljon:hyväntekeväisyyskonsertti,Somero's English Club'n tapaamiset ynnä muuta...ja kunnallisvaalit jo kohta ovella...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.