Thursday, October 25, 2012

Snow in Somero

The view from my window this morning
I woke up early this morning to see that the first snow of the winter has arrived in Somero.  It's also very misty outside. The sort of day when you need to be sitting in front of an open fire drinking hot chocolate and reading a book.  

A couple of days ago when the sun was shining, the whole town and everything in it looked stunning. This morning the view outside is a little less inspiring, which makes it a great day to go out and look for something beautiful despite the mist.

My challenge for the day is to find something outside worth photographing, and if I succeed I'll post the results on here this evening. Wishing you a day full of sunshine despite the weather, Jody.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite the mist?

This was one of the most beautiful and breathtaking mornings I have ever seen in Somero. The red and orange and purple early morning sun breaking through the mist and glittering on the snowy fields and trees... First snow is one of the most magical things for me every year and reminds me of what I love about Finland so much, the two lives we live every year.

Yes, driving was slippery, but it was worth leaving early. So much beauty to take in.

Steph

Anonymous said...

Yea. Mist sucks.

Anonymous said...

I agree, mist sucks

Anonymous said...

Yes, mist is horrible and ugly...

http://nipunscorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/a-perfect-morning.jpg