Saturday, October 13, 2012

Never Give Up

Let's be honest. The last fortnight has been one of the worst I can remember.  I am someone who believes that there is a meaning to everything that happens in life, but I have struggled beyond belief to find anything positive in what has happened to us. Each morning this week I have concentrated simply on getting through the rest of the day.

But I know from experience that life is full of ups and downs:  When things feel impossible, as they have for our little family recently, the challenge is to try and find the positives in simple things.
 
Today I made a list of simple pleasures, things that I and the children have enjoyed doing in the past. One of them is making riisipuuroa and mansikkakiisseli (rice pudding and strawberry sauce) on Saturday morning with the children. So that is what we did.

Watching the little ones sitting in a row and munching away got the day off to a good start and reminded me how lucky I am to be a Mum to such wonderful children.

I would also like to say thank you to all of you who sponsored Cameron for his walk for Unicef yesterday. Knowing that people were encouraging him really cheered him up, and he has raised nearly 100 euros for children in Africa. So thank you on behalf of both of us. A couple of people have asked how they can sponsor Cameron. Anyone who would still like to contribute something can do so by paying into this account FI5544050010206020. This account is in my name and is currently empty, so anything paid into it will go direct to Unicef via Cameron. Thank you again.

For those of you going through your own challenges at the moment, I wish you love, laughter and the hope that you will find something to make you smile. Don't give up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never give up... I have never met before a person like You! I'm so happy that we met! Thank you for the last weekend! (and Saskia and my playerman,Cameron!)Now You and the children have the place. I'm happy,it's near me! If You need lights... with warm regards Your neighbour H

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody, I have been reading your blog for some time now (thanks to my English teacher who hinted this blog) and I must say that your blog is super and so are you. I have never met you but when I am reading your stories it feels like I have known you for a long time. I hope you know what i mean. I hope life begins to smile again to you and your family.

All the best
-M

-

Anonymous said...

English Club meeting is at Jussin baari 16.10.2012 at 18.30