Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nowhere I'd Rather Be

In the end the sky turned blue here in Somero, despite the misty start to the day. The snow has gone for the moment, but I am sure it will be back soon, maybe even tomorrow. Everyone is suddenly in a mad rush to get their tyres changed.
One thing is for sure, winter is almost here now, but the sun still cast some beautiful shadows, even inside our flat. 
MInttu getting squashed by her brothers
The best news of the day from my point of view is that Minttu has recovered after our scare with her on Tuesday. I am very relieved about that. As a mother of seven I do not panic easily about health issues, but this time I was genuinely worried about her. Thank goodness it seems to have been less serious in the end than it looked.
 I took all the little ones for a walk this evening and we took a couple of pictures, as promised. There are only the very last leaves on the trees left now, and the whole town is trying to rake them up before the snow comes for good. Several people stopped to say hello as we walked around town and I was reminded once again what a friendly town Somero is. 
Although the last few weeks have been challenging ones for our little family, I can genuinely say that there is nowhere else I would rather be.  
  

3 comments:

Katri said...

It did cross my mind when I was cycling home from school that I don't remember when the sky has last been that blue and cloudless... :)

jodymerelle said...

That sounds like the title of a novel...Blue and Cloudless:)

janestheone said...

how lovely it is there...