Friday, October 12, 2012

Please Help Me...

.... show my son that he is loved.

As I write these words it is just before four in the morning. I can't sleep.  There are many things keeping me awake at the moment, but one of the most important is my son, Cameron.

Here he is.  Cameron, who is eleven years old.

He is a really special little boy full of love, but who is feeling very sad at the moment as a result of the recent change in our family circumstances.  I am not good at asking for help, but this time I would be really grateful if you would help me show he that he is not alone, and that people out there care.

Today (Friday) Cameron is taking part in a walk at his school to raise money for Unicef.  The children have a maximum of four hours to walk or run as many kilometres as they can manage, and every kilometre they complete will raise money for children in Africa. Obviously this is a great idea for lots of reasons, but particularly because it is encouraging the children to do something to help others who are less well off.  Cameron has been very enthusiastic about taking part and is keen to participate in raising money for charity, an attitude which I am proud of.

He asked for my help to find sponsors, but this week I have been so preoccupied that I have not done nearly enough to support him in his efforts. Can you help me now to support him in trying to do something good? If you have a few euros to spare to support Unicef and at the same time give my son a bit of encouragement during a difficult time, then I would be truly grateful. If you want to help or know someone who might want to contribute, please either like this message on facebook or pass it on. You would be helping to make Cameron smile again, and I promise you he deserves it. Jody.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Could you add some info where/when is the event and what we could do, where to send the money etc?

Riitta said...

Miten, mikä tilinumero?

Anonymous said...

Put your wounds into Jesus's ones and the pain will go away immediately. I've tried it many times.Always works.
Once a priest during a mass said(to all people in sorrow): 'Just look at Ressurrected Christ. He could even win over death, so do you think that He can't solve all your problems, no matter how complicated they are?' If something is 'above you', seems impossible to deal with, leave your burden at His Cross and you will always get help.Always