Friday, September 28, 2012

Who Will I Meet Tomorrow?

It's raining outside. Hard. I just went out to have a look with Niko (almost three) and he said "Siellä sataa kovaa kovaa" (It's raining hard hard.) He was right.

I carry a book around with me full of positive thoughts and ideas, and this book includes a list of "things I like doing". I read it the other day and noticed that I had written "Sitting inside in the warm with a book when it's raining hard outside" not once, but twice.  I guess this means that I like doing it a lot. Do you know that feeling?  When the weather outside feels cold and threatening and you are sitting somewhere safe and warm doing something you enjoy.

Niko says its raining kovaa kovaa
Anyway, that's me right now. My day has been a mixed one today, some good things and some not so good, but right at this moment it feels nice to be where I am, listening to the rain beating it down outside the window.

The reason for the question in the title is this. Exactly a year ago I spent the morning working as a volunteer at the seurakuntakeskus (parish hall) for their autumn sale. The idea of the event is to raise money through selling foods, coffee and other products as well as raffles etc in order to buy Christmas presents for those in the parish who are less well off and might need a helping hand.

The day was a lot of fun last year, and was made extra special because I met two people for the first time who went on to become two of my very good friends, Elvi and Heidi. That's why I love talking to people I don't know - you never know when you might be looking at a new potential friend - and we can never have too many of those.

Tomorrow I will be working with Elvi once again...she's dishing out the pea soup and I'm collecting the money! I have to admit she got a little annoyed with me last year because I spent too much time talking, although I hope she's forgiven me now. 

If you're anywhere near Somero, drop in and pay us a visit any time between 11am and 1pm. It's all in a good cause, and we look forward to seeing you.  If I meet anyone special tomorrow then I will definitely let you know. Sleep well and enjoy the rain, Jody.

No comments: