Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Look What I Found in Helsinki!

As I write these words I am on my lunch break during a normal work day in Helsinki.  I work in a very grey office environment and even the view from the window is just another office building. As someone who loves the natural colours and sounds of nature I find this quite an oppressive environment to work in.  I want to work somewhere with big windows from where I can see the trees! Still, I went out for a quick walk just before writing this and took my camera with me.  My aim was to find one inspiring shot which would brighten my day and which I could post on here...and here it is.  I found the sun! 

                  

However grey the office is, it certainly lifted my spirits seeing bright sunshine and clear skies in the first week of September.

If you are having a tough time at the moment, then please remember one thing.  The sun is always there somewhere, even though sometimes it may be hidden temporarily by the clouds or simply the grey walls of your office.

Wishing you all some Helsinki sunshine.... Jody.

1 comment:

Stephanie Silvan said...

This reminds me of an all time favourite song of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1sjAmHoasc

"Take my love.
Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care,
I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black.
Tell em I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land
And boil the sea.
You can't take the sky from me.

Have no place I can be
Since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me."