Friday, September 7, 2012

25,000 Hits!

A town called Somero reaches 25,000 hits
It is Friday evening and I am sitting at my desk watching the rain falling outside. It's been quite chilly today and we've lit the fire to warm up the house a bit.

A big thank you for all your get well messages following my spectacular accident yesterday. I am much better today - I can move my arm again and didn't even need to go for an x-ray.  I am likely to have a big bruise on my head for the next week or so but you never know, perhaps the knock did some good and has let loose a bunch of new ideas in my battered head. I can always live in hope.

This evening was a bit of a milestone in that the blog has just reached 25,000 hits, which seems amazing considering that it was originally intended for a small group of people learning English in Somero.

Thank you for reading and for all the warmth you have generated over the past few months. I have all sorts of new projects cooking at the moment and feel very positive and enthusiastic about the coming months. I hope many of you reading will be involved in them. When we reach the next milestone of 50,000 I'll send out an invitation to celebrate with me at our new home, the Oravatupa (The Squirrel Hut) which I will introduce to you in the next post.  Keep watching the figures.  I hope to see you in person for some celebratory cake at our 50,000 party very soon!

No comments: