Saturday, September 8, 2012

Introducing Oskari

I thought I would introduce you to the newest member of our family. Oskari.

We were very sad to have to say goodbye to our cat Caroline this summer, and for the first time since I was a child there were suddenly no pets in the house, which I didn't like at all. So last week we visited the home for abandoned pets in Somero and adopted Oskari, who has made himself very much at home. We don't know too much about him except that he is about two years old.  He is also very confident and has had no trouble at all in settling in with us.

The first couple of days did not look too promising, as Oskari decided to celebrate his arrival in style by weeing on three of our beds. Lovely.  Thank you very much.

I am someone who tries always to look on the positive side of things, but come on - however hard you try, WHERE is the positive in having cat wee in your bed?  I challenge you to find one if you can. I tried and failed. Still, we decided to give Oskari the benefit of the doubt, and after a week of washing sheets he now seems to have stopped that little habit. Thank goodness.

There are still more than ten cats looking for homes in Somero, so if you are thinking of adopting a pet, consider getting one from there. We are certainly very pleased to have found Oskari. Now let's just hope he can put up with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sofa would be more difficult to launder:)

Kyösti

jodymerelle said...

I have to admit Kyösti that when I read your comment I laughed out loud! Brilliant. So I suppose now we can add to this that Oskari weeing on my bed led to at least one person laughing on a Sunday afternoon. You are right...there is a postive side to everything if you just know how to look for it....