Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Morning Again...

Minttu does not mind Monday Mornings
I have to be honest.  This morning was really hard. I heard the alarm clock go off and it was as if I had only been sleeping for four minutes. It was as though I was getting up in the middle of the night.  Actually 6.15 to me is the middle of the night.

Getting out of bed demanded enormous effort, and even though that was now four hours ago I am still suffering from severe Monday morning fever.

I went to church yesterday (more about that later) where the message was to concentrate on the positive and to remember to be grateful for the things we have. I remembered that this morning when trying to fight that Monday feeling, and celebrated the fact that at least Minttu was in a good mood and did not seem to be troubled by her early morning rise.

On the way to work we passed a "muuntaja" (not sure in English, but some kind of electricity transformer building). I mention that because I have passed it a thousand times and never even noticed it before.  After Päivi's enthusiasm yesterday in photographing one though, this morning I noticed it for the first time. Amazing what you see when you change your perspective a little.

Another good thing.  Monday morning only happens once a week.  And the next one is now seven days away.  Wishing you strength, courage and happiness for the week ahead.  Jody.

2 comments:

Katri said...

Seems like I wasn't the only one with Garfield syndrome this morning. Spending a weekend in Tampere in an anime convention hasn't really helped my "univelka" (what's that in English?) so it goes without saying that even right now I wish that I was back in my bed... David Tennant's Scottish accent in my head doesn't really help either xD

Stephanie Silvan said...

That's funny, me and my husband were both very tired this morning (actually all day) and his colleague, too.

I believe it must be winter on its way, inviting us to hibernate. Less light, less activity hormones (for a more sciency explanation).

Good news is, that Hypericum helps as well as physical activity and lots of daylight. Winter is coming - and we are ready! ;)