Saturday, April 21, 2012

Michael Buble off my List.

I write lists all the time. I like them. They can be about anything...what I need to do, what I have already done, what I would like to achieve etc etc. I find them motivating and I like looking at how they change as time passes. A few weeks ago the following item apeared on one of my lists.

"Get tickets for Michael Bublé concert."

I had only found out that Michale Bublé was coming to Finland two days after the tickets went on sale, and by then it was too late because the concert had sold out. I wasn't going to give up though, so I spent the next few weeks checking regularly on tori.fi and huuto.net.

The reason I was so keen to go the concert is that Michael Bublé's song "Everything" was the song that I walked down the aisle to when Frédéric and I got married. Cameron and I also danced to the song "I just haven't met you yet" at Luca and Niko's christening, so I really wanted to hear these songs live as they both have such a special meaning to me.

Yesterday was the day of the concert. In the morning I still had no tickets. Then just before lunch time I received a phone call from someone who had seen an ad I had put on a website saying I was looking for tickets. The lady who called had two which she was no longer able to use. Good news.

I would love to tell you that the concert was fantastic....and parts of it were, but overall it was a real disappointment. Michael Bublé sings brilliantly, but when he talks it is a different story.  For me his talking totally spoiled the concert. He made bad jokes throughout the performance and kept making references to whether he was gay or not. Who actually cares?   I know that I don't, and I certainly didn't drive all the way to Helsinki to hear about his sexuality one way or the other.

I thought I would cry when I heard "Everything" because of the memories it brought back, but he performed a strange version of it which involved him jumping up and down all over the stage... not exactly the romantic version I had been waiting for!

Oh well, I still love the original, and in case you've never heard it, you can catch it here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPUJIbXN0WY
I'm not the only person who loves the song- so far 35 million people have watched this video.  Michael Bublé is even more famous than Akseli...so I guess he must be doing something right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad when an illusion brokes like a Buble, sorry bubble
manu

Joie de Vivre said...

Hey Jody!

Saw your post on FB and I just had to read it...ended up reading your entire blog (in one sitting) and I just marvelled. This one particularly called out to me because Buble is, well, my husband (he just doesn't know it yet - haha!). Jokes aside, I was saddened to hear about his stupidly irrelevant jokes. I'm glad you got to go though. Your blog is awesome. I'm gonna have to live vicariously through you from now on. Much love: xXx

jodymerelle said...

Lovely to hear from you Joy after a long time! Sorry to hear that MB is your hubbie though. If you were looking for stimulating conversation I think you'll find it's a struggle. Good luck with your fundraising...I really hope you make it. Much love J x