Monday, April 2, 2012

Just when you thought it was spring....




....the snow comes back. And tonight there is bucketfulls of it.

Finland is stunning when everything is covered in white...but please....it is April for goodness sake. We have done our fair share of winter for this year, and I KNOW I am not the only one in desperate need of some sunshine. Both literally and metaphorically.

Still, I have just got back from Salo (at just before midnight) and there was something special about driving down a road covered in untouched snow. Even though I now want the snow to go away, being the first person to make tracks on those snow-covered roads made me feel that life is full of possibilities.  It is our challenge to go out there and find them.


Life can be really tough at times, but we all have the chance to leave our own little marks on the world, so on the way back home I stopped to take this picture of Joensuuntie which no-one has yet left their tracks on. There's something beautiful about that. Perhaps it might just inspire you to think about what sort of mark you would like to leave in the world.

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Years are not brothers, as finns say.
I remember one summer in the early 1980s, my colleague was starting his summer vacation one week before Mid-Summer day, suddenly it started snowing, and soon there was 5cm snow in South Finland.

I remember spring time in the mid 2000s, it was end of March and we were able to begin gardening. Weather was warm, soil was dry and warm enough.

Kyösti