Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Swans

Apologies to all those who attended the Easter Egg Hunt yesterday for Akesli's rudeness. Unfortunately he remains a little full of his own importance.

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you have had a restful weekend. I went for a drive in the car on the road from Somero to Forssa. Those of you who have been in that direction recently may have seen the swans which are currently living in the field by the side of the road. Apparently they come every year when they return from whichever warm place they escape to for the winter (lucky them...)



I managed to get a couple of photos. The swans let me get pretty close with my camera before they decided that enough was enough and they flew off. It is amazing to have such beautiful birds living so close to us... seeing them was the highlight of my weekend. I look forward to hearing yours soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the shades of gray and the white.
Eve

janestheone said...

oh how I hope I will really make it over to see you there in August

Anonymous said...

Sunning birds! When walking in the morning crossing Kohnamaen silta I saw at least 30 swans on the melted part of the lake.Probably they were resting on their way to north
Manu

Anonymous said...

Ohh sorry, i meant stunning...
Manu

Anonymous said...

Ohh sorry, i meant stunning...
Manu

Katri said...

How beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It just came to my mind that in the latter picture the male swan is whispering to his spouce: "Dance with me , my darling, its spring", she answering: "Cool down silly, why did you lead us to Siberia"
wondering manu

Anonymous said...

It just came to my mind that in the latter picture the male swan is whispering to his spouce: "Dance with me , my darling, its spring", she answering: "Cool down silly, why did you lead us to Siberia"
wondering manu