Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grey Skies Cover Somero

Despite trying always to find the positive side in things...there is no denying the fact that this is the colour of the sky here in Somero this morning. A dull shade of grey.

It is 4 degrees outside (although at least this is a plus and not a minus reading), and it has been raining now more or less consistently for two days. when I said I wanted the snow to go, I wasn't planning on this...

Put simply, if you are looking for positivity and inspiration this morning, you are not going to find it in the weather.  Not in Somero anyway.

On days like this I make a conscious decision in the morning that before I go to bed tonight I will write a list of all the positive things that happened during the day. Just that simple decision means that your brain is automatically tuned in to noticing the good things of the day rather than concentrating on the bad.

So, much as I long for the sun to come back, I refuse to be defeated by this morning's grey skies. I am on the lookout for things to put on my list this evening. You could try the same...you might be surprised to find that a day which starts out with grey skies does not necessarily have to end that way!

Have a good Saturday everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rain is making summer by melting away rest of the snow. It is good thing too, after one or two weeks sun is shining warmly as frends smiles.
Kyösti

Katri said...

And rain resurrects plants! Everything will be green sooner or later!
Well, for today's positive thing for me is that I'm going to my friends place over tonight an we're going to watch Titanic again, for today is the day that the ship sunk 100 years ago! And we're going to make a cosplay photoshooting while waiting, so I'm positive about this day! (I can tell you what cosplay is at English Club meeting some time if you are wondering.)