Thursday, January 23, 2014

Warm....Finally.

As I write these words, it is the first time I have felt warm all day. Probably because I am sitting in my bed tucked under a thick duvet. When I walked outside to warm the car up this morning, it was minus twenty degrees. I didn't laugh.

The fact that the car has a problem with it's heating system at the moment is even less amusing. And when I got home, for some reason I could not seem to get the fire going for ages....so my whole day seems to have been about trying to get warm and failing pretty miserably.

Still, as I have said many times in the past, there are upsides to everything. As I drove with Lucie to Pitkäjärvi this morning to see some kittens, we saw this view of the sun over the snowy fields.

I don't know how many years I will be in Finland, but I hope that however long it is, I always remember to appreciate the scenery which is right on our doorstep here in Somero.

For those of you here in Finland, apparently tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day, pretty much everywhere. Not hot, unfortunately, but sunny at least.  I've got the long drive up north to see my Mum again tomorrow, so I will take my camera with me and hope to catch some good scenery on the way. Apparently there is salsa this weekend in Oulu...so you never know I might even get the chance to feel warm for a change. Happy weekend everyone.

No comments: