Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sunrise

Last night at home we lost electricity in part of the house, which meant that some of our rooms were without heating. That's not good when you've got small children and it's almost minus 20 outside. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the winter at any time, but when we have to rescue the little ones from cold bedrooms, I'm almost ready to book a one way ticket to somewhere hot.

Still, there is always a plus side to every situation, and I found the plus side of this one this morning.

I found it as I was driving down the road towards Salo. There wasn't a cloud in the sky anywhere, and the sun was so bright that it made the snow sparkle so much that it looked as though the fields were full of diamonds.  Thankfully we had somebody round to fix the problem at home, so we can all sleep in our own beds tonight. But if someone sends me a one-way ticket to somewhere warm...I'm not making any promises....   

No comments: