Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year's Wish

Today in Finland was the first day of "normality" after the holiday season. The shops and banks were open, the Christmas decorations came down, most people went back to work and the weather...well to be honest the weather this winter has simply been grey... and today was another grey day.

I have done my normal thing too over the past few days, which is to come up with a list of resolutions and ideas for the year ahead. I am a big believer that one of the keys to achieving your dreams and aspirations is to write them down - many experiments on the subject have also found this to be the case.

Most of us have ideas and dreams about the future, but seeing them written down is the first step towards making them real. Well, I've done that, but this weekend I had the opportunity to go a step further.

Whilst with Cameron in London we visited Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum in Piccadilly Circus. This is a museum full of weird and wonderful things (from a knitted Ferrari to a model of the world's tallest man).

In the middle of the museum was a wishing pond with a sign on the side inviting guests to "make a wish". Whilst I have nothing against logic and rational thought, I think most of us can do with some magic from time to time, and for me, that time is right now.

So, at the beginning of this brand new year, write down your dreams, compile lists of ideas - but if you happen to go past a magic place, make a wish. You never know when a bit of magic might come your way....   

No comments: