Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Week's Highlights

So, it's almost the end of another week. For once I have a whole day ahead with nothing planned in it, so I'm thinking about different ways in which I could use it. At the moment I am just enjoying the fact that the house is still so quiet.

There are plenty of things I should do, of course, but whether they will get done today is a different story altogether. It's been such a busy week, that sometimes it's good to spend a day doing nothing.

For some reason I have been drawn to Turku several times this week. Apart from a course I studied there once, I have never spent much time in Turku.  I don't know it nearly as well as I do Helsinki where I've both lived and worked. Still, I feel pulled in the direction of Turku at the moment. As I am a big believer in the power of our instincts and gut feelings, it will be interesting to see if the town has a central role to play in a future project, job or friendship. I will keep you posted!

When you look back on your own week, I hope it has been a good one? Mine was certainly busy. I managed to sort out a few loose ends, catch up with several friends and start a couple of new projects. We also started the Somero English Club again on Thursday evening and it wa great to meet up with our old members and welcome some new ones.

The highlights of my week were seeing a film with Lucie and Cameron (in Turku again) yesterday, and having a Facebook conversation on Friday which made me laugh more than I have in a long time (Thanks Teemu! :))

Thanks to my friend Satu, I have also now found a shop in Finland which sells Maltesers (although no Minstrels, sadly). I decided at the beginning of this year to eat less chocolate, so I only bought some for the children this time. My next "chocolate day" will be on Valentines Day in four weeks' time. If anyone should happen to be looking for me on that particular day - the odds are that I will be in Turku, buying quite a lot of Maltesers.  Wishing you all a fulfilling Sunday.

No comments: