Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Power of Dance

Gregory leading the room in the electric slide. The Cantina, Darlington
In a world that seems to be constantly divided by conflict and problems, it is ever more important to hold on to those things which can serve to unite us. Sport and music are two obvious examples. Dance is a third.

Anyone who has ever enjoyed dancing will know what I mean. It has to be one of the best ways in the world to cross all sorts of boundaries and to get lost in the moment.



Here are some pictures taken in the Cantina, a salsa venue in Darlington and also in Teeriharju, one of Somero's biggest dance venues. There is no salsa in Somero at the moment but I am determined to bring it here one day.


Lauren and Kevin at the Cantina in Darlington
So if any of you salseros in the North East of England or elsewhere in Finland would like to come and help me show Somero how to salsa then please do not hesitate to let me know!

 
The Engine Shed -Salsa Dance Venue in Whitby

One of Somero's several dance venues


Teeriharju Dance Venue in Somero

Kyösti Kuivala dancing at Teeriharju


3 comments:

Katri said...

"Dance me into the night
Underneath the Moon shining so bright
Let the dark waltz begin
Let me whirl, let me spin
Let it take me again
Turning me into the light"

Manu said...

I am sooo curious: did you dance with Kyösti?

Anonymous said...

No she didn´t, she is so shy;-)

Kyösti