Thursday, January 31, 2013

Minttu Lives Life to the Full

A few days ago I wrote about trying to take some joy from the little things in life (like chocolate) and yesterday I wrote about the magic of dance, wherever you are in the world.

It has been one of those slushy days today when the snow can't decide whether to stay or go. It snows and then it rains and then it snows again and the whole town is well....slushy.



I couldn't help smiling this evening though. I had bought some chocolate mousse for dessert after dinner and Minttu, (who insists on feeding herself these days), got it everywhere. It was all over the table, on her dress and all over her hands and face. Then Lucie put some music on as we sat round the table and Minttu started waving her arms in the air and dancing.

It occurred to me at that moment that Minttu was doing exactly what I have been talking about recently....living for the moment. She may only be 18 months old, but she has already learned the secret of happiness! My job from now on is to make sure that she never has the chance to forget!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you have a while and are willing to help, read the story below,please:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/xl-kokoinen-pitka-juhlaleninki-raha-elainkodille-pika/253623500


if you aren't registered at 'huutokauppa',maybe you could make even the smallest donation directly to the animal shelter in my hometown: www.afn.pl(the number of a bank account is in an upper right-hand corner below the writing 'przelewy z zagranicy'(means 'money transfer from abroad'). In your possible donation, write in the form this subject ,Zimek-Ostroda' so that they know who you give money for.Thank you in advance, on the patient's behalf, for your support.

Btw, I put my 'leninki mainos' also in Somero's supermarkets- Härkätie, M-market and Tarjoustalo, but nobody's interested and I'm fed up already.(I put in this add the price, just in case there's somebody rich,but I can settle up for a lower price-they desperately need money for the dog's treatment.The clock is ticking...).

God's been mentioned many times in this blog and it reminds me of His words: 'Whatever you did for the smallest, you did for Me...'