Monday, January 21, 2013

Looking for Love

It is exactly a year today since I wrote the first post for this blog... so happy birthday blog, and thank you to all those of you who have been following it since then. Sometimes, when I have been feeling a bit lonely at home, it has been comforting to know that there are people out there reading these words and maybe feeling the same way as I do.

The last twelve months have been full of ups and downs for me, as I know they have been for many others out there. Life presents challenges to all of us at one time or another and I am grateful to be surrounded by true friends - people who do their best to concentrate on the positive in life despite the hard bits.


Life can be full of surprises too though. I have spent many hours with my father over the last few weeks recording his thoughts and feelings on a whole load of topics. I want to have as many memories of him as possible for when he is no longer here in person.

Dad surprised me the other day, when he said that his greatest wish was for me to find someone to share my life with again. As the mother of seven children and soon to be a grandma, (and my confidence pretty much in pieces after my husband left), I had already come to the conclusion that finding someone special again would be impossible. But my Dad, who has never been the most optimistic of people, took a different view. He feels sure there is someone for me out there, and his surprise confidence has made me feel that maybe there is hope after all, however unlikely it may seem.

After this conversation I spoke to several of my close friends, and realised that many people I know are in the same situation. I actually know lots of people who are looking for a partner.  Someone to share the good and bad times with. Someone to laugh and cry with. Someone who will stick by them even when things get tough. If I have learned just one thing over this past year it is not to give up hope. So this birthday post is dedicated to all of you out there who are looking for someone special in 2013. Some of you I know already, others I don't, but whoever and wherever you are.... keep believing. If you are looking for love then you should never give up, because it is truly one of the few things in life worth holding on to. And you never know what might be just around the corner. Love and good luck to you all.    

No comments: