Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sending Blue Skies to Somero

Sending some blue sky from Darlington to Somero
After a day yesterday when little seemed to go right I went to bed feeling a bit despondent. However I woke up this morning to be greeted by blue skies and a bunch of messages from my friends, both of which brightened my mood instantly.

I have just come off the phone to my good friend Anne in Somero who tells me that it's around minus seven this morning.  Apparently although it is a pretty day there are no blue skies, so I said I would send all of you in Somero some blue sky from Darlington to help you through the day.

Please be aware that this is not something I can do often....the last two times I have visited the country we have been surrounded by heavy rain and flood warnings...so this is a special treat today!

Now that we are two weeks into the year I am reflecting today on how my New Year's resolutions have been going so far. One of my most important ones is to collect photos of all the people important to me so that I can have them displayed on my wall at home. I never forget my friends, but it will be even better when they are all there for me to see every day. I have managed to get six in two weeks and will have another two by the end of today, so this project is progressing well.

Another resolution this year is to include more spontaneity in my life. It's not always easy when you have a large family, but many of my favourite memories are associated with things I did on the spur of the moment without too much preparation or planning. So I am determined this year to take the opportunity to be spontaneous and live for the moment when it arises. Several people close to me have lost loved ones recently, and I am faced with my own father's mortality at the moment, so I guess the only thing we can do is to honour their lives by making sure we profit from our own while we still can.

I am off to visit my Dad in the care home now and am on the lookout for a fun way to be spontaneous on my last day in the UK. I hope that these blue skies reach Somero safely and lift your mood as they have mine.

No comments: