Saturday, October 5, 2013

Somero at the Turku Book Fair

I am off to the Turku Book Fair in a few minutes, where Somero has a prominent role this year as the Finnish town chosen to be featured for 2013.

I have always loved books and was lucky to grow up in a house where I was surrounded by them. I have often thought what a different place the world would be without the opportunities and enjoyment that books provide.

I don't have my own book there yet (still in production!) but I do have a series of twenty postcards at the fair which just arrived from the printers' yesterday. To me, writing a postcard to someone you care about has always been a good things to do, but has even more meaning nowdays than it did in the past. In this day of text messaging, emails and communicating through Facebook, (all of which can of course be good things) writing and receiving cards and letters has attained even more significance. I know that anytime I go to the post box and there is something there other than a bill or official letter, it brightens my day much more than the person who wrote it could ever realise.  Now I have several boxes of postcards waiting to be written.....if anyone out there would like to receive a card from Somero just let me know and I will happy to put one in the post!

Anyway...must go pretty soon, but here are some pictures from Somero's stand at the fair....hope to see some of you there!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kiitos korteista. Yksi jo laitettiin eilen postiin.