Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Silence

The house is quiet. It is half past ten at night and I can't hear anything apart from the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard and the odd creak from the central heating. One of my friends told me a while back that he does not like the sound of silence and I remember thinking how sad that was. I think that silence is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world.

It's an odd thing tonight though, because I have no idea what to say. I have a thousand thoughts going round in my head this evening but none of them will come out coherently. I guess when that is the case, it is best just to be honest and accept that the writing can wait until tomorrow.


Instead, I wanted to post these two pictures of "Häntälän Notkot" for my two good friends Kari and Marja-Leena who live in Somero but are currently visiting their daughter in Germany. They introduced me to the Häntälä Hills last year in the summer when they were covered with flowers, so I thought that maybe they would like a reminder of what they look like at the moment...with the warmer weather just around the corner.

Have a safe trip back from Germany, and let's look forward to the flowers appearing once again in a few weeks time.....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kiitos Jody että lähetit kuvat muistuttamaa kauniista koti maisemista. Maalaistyttö maailmalla ihastuu kaikkeen ihmeelliseen mutta totuus kuitenkin on se että onni on täällä missä sydämen on hyvä olla,tutuissa ja kotoisissa maisemissa. Terv. Marja-Leena