Friday, February 1, 2013

Rubbish Day

I would love to start off this post by saying what a great day it's been. Except it hasn't actually. So although I could say that, it would be a complete lie.

Today is one of those evenings where I feel tired, despondent, have a banging headache and I can't help wondering what life is all about. Yesterday wasn't like that. But ironically yesterday I met up with a friend, who said he thought that once in a while it would be refreshing to hear someone just be honest and say that actually they felt awful. Instead of pretending that everything was fine when it isn't. So there you go then. It's now just one day later and I am taking your advice and telling anyone reading this that I HAVE HAD A RUBBISH DAY.

I remember that many years ago when I was a child I had another horrible day and cried, although I have no idea what about now. On that day my Dad looked at me and said "Well at least now you can say that you've got one less day of crying to do before you die, because this one is over."

I quite liked that, and have remembered it ever since. I guess I have to apply the same philosophy to this situation. One less rubbish day to live through. Hopefully that's also it for this month and tomorrow will be the start of a more positive February.

Sometimes the children and I ask each other this. "If you could be doing anything right now, anything at all, what would you be doing?" My answer at this moment to that question is that I would be soaking in a hot bath. With lots of bubbles in it.  Except of course that we don't have one here...so I can add that to my things of BAD THINGS about today. In addition to the fact that this flat is not big enough to escape the sound of the Simpsons on tv. Not anywhere. Torture. I will have to make do with the sauna tomorrow I guess. At least there are no Simpsons there.

Still, you know that old Buddhist saying. "When you've had a crap day eat a bag of toffee biscuits." Advice duly taken. And to any of you out there who will remember today as being less than perfect. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We are in this together. Sisters in arms and all that. Let's do our best to make tomorrow a better day. In my case it won't be hard. Tsemppiä kaikille...

1 comment:

Katri said...

"When you're in your darkest hour
And all of the light just fades away
When you're like a single flower
Whose colors have turned to shades of gray
Well, hang on
And be strong" ;)