Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Morning Sky

This was the view from the window of our flat this morning. It is so inspiring to start the week with a sky outside that looks as though it is going to set alight.

But even better than that, at least for me, was that it was Cameron who noticed it first. I was cooking porridge for breakfast in the kitchen when he came running in and said "Have you seen what's outside?" He sounded excited.

"No," I said. "What is it?" Thinking that perhaps there was a fire engine or tractor outside somewhere.

"Look!" he said, pointing at the sky. "Irs all pink!"

Cameron is only eleven years old, so I love the fact that he is excited by the sunrise. As we get older most of us start to realise that these things are much more important than owning lots of material items. But it can sometimes take a while before we get there.

My hope is that all my children spend a life where they appreciate these simple blessings that don't cost anything. But whatever happens, right now I am smiling because my eleven year old son has learnt to be inspired by the colours of the sunrise outside his window. Have a great week....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was perhaps 11 years or something. It was calm and cold winter day and I was skiing in a forest.
Snow was icy, covered by ice pearls and woods were covered by glittering snow flakes. Some young birches were bend over the ski track. It was one kind arch of natural basilica perhaps approx. 50 to 100m long and glittering in rainbow colours. I stopped for some minutes, until had to continue in order to avoid coldness.
It is a moment I cannot forget. May be Cameron can remember his minute during his life.
Kyösti.