Saturday, February 2, 2013

Help Me Write a Gratitude List!

It's ten fifteen and I'm still in bed, but at least this morning I've woken up without the horrible headache I had last night, so that is a good start to the day.

I often write gratitude lists.... a list of all the things I can think of which I am grateful for, however big or small. I've found that this is a great way of focussing on the positive and making a bad week feel better immediately. Normally I write these lists in my diary, but today I thought I would ask for your help. So....let me know what you are feeling grateful for today. It can be anything at all, and I will add them to this post as they arrive. You can either leave a comment on here or else send it to me via facebook or email (jodymerelle@hotmail.com). (And you can send it in any language, I'll do my best to translate). Let's see if we can get a combined list together by the end of the day, one which will make us all feel better collectively. I'll start it off now and add to it throughout the day....

Right now I am grateful for...

The fact that I have woken up without a headache
That I am looking forward to seeeing my friend Liisa this afternoon
That the trees outside the window look stunning
That Cameron saw that "collecting the washing" was on my list of things to do, and went and collected it it for me without me even asking. What a lovely son I have.
That people are joining in on this gratitude list project!
Sharing a bag of jellybeans with my children

And now over to you....

Water from the tap (Eve Mantu)
That I've had a good night's sleep (Sari Ilo)
That I have a good partner (Kyösti Kuivala)
My family (and Jindaliina) and the fact that we have the sauna this evening (Saskia Mérelle)
(In case you are wondering, "Jindaliina" is Minttu's nickname!)
That both of my lovely children will get the one to one attention they deserve today (Jill Anderson)
That American Idol is starting again this evening (Cameron)
And that tonight I am lucky enough to spend the evening having a giggle and a dance with my gorgeous man and my dancing friends (Jill Anderson)
My gorgeous, lovely sons with whom I am going to a real hairdresser's for the first time ever today! (Heidi Sippo)
That the weather in Somero is so nice today! No wind, not too cold...perfect! (Kirsti Lehto)
Friends that listen when you need them to (Lucie)
I am grateful for becoming part of your family and still being friends after all these years (Yeca Fernandez Alzate)
I am grateful to have enjoyed delicious food made by Jani (Päivi Kantola)
That I got to spend the evening with my cousin, her husband, her daughter and three small children...I had not seen the children and they are precious! (Nancy Hamilton)
Good friends and especially that we are friends with each other (Anne Siekkinen)
The fact that the whole family was together when my daughter and her partner came to visit from Germany (Marja-Leena Romu)

I look forward to adding more to this list as your suggestions arrive! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

be happy that you are not ill after the accident and nobody wants to help like this one here:

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/xl-kokoinen-pitka-juhlaleninki-raha-elainkodille-pika/253623500

and nobody wants to help me either although I'm trying to save His life!(apparently nobody here even bothers to read the story I put on your blog a few days ago-no comment from anybody, let alone financial help)