Sunday, February 17, 2013

Better Days Ahead

My scrapbook of 2013
After all the challenges of last year, at the beginning of 2013 I decided to start a scrapbook. I have kept a diary for several years, but here the idea was to have a book in which I could record our family's major events and happy memories. A concrete way to focus on the positive.

And the week just gone is one which will not be easily forgotten. On Tuesday I became a grandmother (I still can't quite believe I am writing those words) with the birth of little Tiana. Then on Thursday and Friday Lucie had both her school play and her Prom night - both major events marking the fact that her school days are coming to an end.

Never forget.....
On Thursday it was also Valentine's or Friendship Day. On one hand, part of me wished I was sharing it with someone special. But on the other I was happy to remember how lucky I am to have such good friends in several countries round the world.  Friends who have stuck by our family through thick and thin.

....that better days are ahead
This was also the week in which (fingers crossed) we found the house which we hope soon to be calling our new home. After months of living in a flat which really isn't big enough for all of us (and has never felt like home) it might be that in a few weeks we will be able to start again somewhere new. Our own house where we can finally feel as though we are at home again.

So it's been a week of endings and beginnings. A week of big events and  important milestones. A week where I have been reminded never to give up hope. Because however bad things may feel on certain days...there are almost certainly better times ahead.

1 comment:

Billy-Ruben said...

<3