Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blue Skies


I woke up feeling a little pensive this morning, because 24 February is a date associated with some sad memories for me.On days like these I often go out with my camera to see what I can find. I've realised over time that when you're feeling a bit down, you usually don't have to go very far to see something worth seeing. As long as you remember to look. And today I was looking. 

The colour of the sky in Somero today
I was lucky, because I didn't have to go very far for the first one. I simply had to look up. We had bright blue skies in Somero today and for me, that was worth celebrating in itself. 



It was minus three this afternoon, but the birds were singing, the sun was shining and I am convinced that spring is just round the corner. Then just before I got home, I saw that there was a full moon.

The same moon that is there on good days and bad. The moon that will still be there when all of us are gone. And it's the same moon that my friends can see wherever they are in the world - Colombia, Japan, Sri Lanka or France - and it's perhaps something worth remembering on the days when you are feeling alone. You may not always be with the people you are thinking about, but they are never really very far away.  . 

1 comment:

Manu said...

Yes Jody, i see the moon at the moment, just looking out of my window,magnificent ...