Saturday, February 4, 2012

Winter Wonderland



Sometimes, when we live in one place for a long time, we become so used to the scenery that we don't appreciate it anymore. In fact we don't even really see it anymore. When something is right in front of you every day it becomes easy to take it for granted.



 


 To try and stop this happening I sometimes like to go out for a couple of hours and pretend I am a tourist visiting my own neighbourhood.  You often find that when you do this, you start to notice things that you have never really looked at before. Of course here in Somero I have the advantage of being new to the region and I still see everything through the eyes of a visitor, so I thought I would share with you some of the images that I caught this afternoon when we went out for a drive. (Thank you Frédéric for being patient when I kept asking you to stop the car to take a photo...)

I had the added bonus today that Luca and Niko were so tired that they slept through the whole thing in the back of the car...which for us was a rare moment of tranquility. It doesn't happen often with those two. They are going through a stage where they have more energy than missiles that have been launched into space, so we enjoyed the quiet as much as we enjoyed the scenery!



 It's certainly incredibly cold at the moment, but the days are getting longer every day, the scenery is amazing, and at least we have an easy solution if we run out of room in the freezer. And don't forget there are no mosquitos...not a single one. We will be dreaming about these days when we are being bitten to death in the summer! So let's enjoy the winter scenery - and for those of us living in Somero, don't forget to go outside sometimes and look at how pretty it is covered in white.

By the way, a big thank you to everyone who has been following this blog over the last couple of weeks. Today is the first time we have reached over one hundred views in one day.

See you at the elections tomorrow!



1 comment:

Cameron said...

The scenery in the winter is very nice but the snow is a complete nightmare. The goos thing about snow is the sleighing and the snoeball fights. Yes, in winter there arn't any bugs but in the summer the bugs don't like me so I am safe from being eating alive by mosquitos.
Cameron