Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Love at First Sight!

 
Looking forward to T-shirt weather

This week Somero's children are enjoying their half term holiday (hiihtoloma). There are plenty of things going on in town. This morning I took the children to Lamminniemi Rehabilitation and Wellbeing Centre (http://www.lamminniemi.fi/) where they had a great time on the dog and pony rides.



 I bumped into Richard Conway (a fellow Brit in Somero) with his wife Piritta and his parents Alan and Mary who are over in Somero from Scotland visiting their grandchildren here. Alan and Mary have already visited Somero many times so it is almost a second home to them.
The Conway family, from left, Richard, Piritta, Alan, Mary and Ilse

Cameron Luca and Niko have fun playing in the snow

Miia, Saana and Olivia enjoy a pony ride


Samu the pony enjoyed giving rides to the children, led by his owner, Kirsi Kopra, who has just moved to Ypäjä from Hämeenlinna.


Once we'd finished with the outside activites we went inside the centre where Marjatta was showing the children how to make some fantastic bracelets and necklaces. I joined in myself and I have to admit that we were amongst the last to leave!

Niko's necklace in Finnish colours





Transport for every occasion














Miia and her Mum make some stylish jewellery
When it comes to love, I have always believed that you generally find it when you least expect to, and that was certainly the case today. One look at Nipsu's face and it was love at first sight. She was such a happy dog that I would have gladly taken her home. In fact I was so taken with her that although I chatted to her owner I didn't even ask his name, so apologies for that!

Nipsu

It's the third meeting of the Somero English Club this evening. My throat is still very sore so tonight I am planning to listen rather than talk. I hope they are all in a talkative mood because otherwise it will be a very quiet evening! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have done great job by putting us silent Finns speaking English. Thank You Jody!
manu