Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Where is the Sun?

Mid-February and grey skies. Not cold, not hot, just wet and slushy. Yuk. I don't know about you but I am ready for the summer. Each morning as I am putting snowsuits on the three little ones and finding their gloves and woollen socks and hats and boots (don't even attempt to turn up at nursery without one of the above or you will be arrested and put in jail), I dream about other times. Times when the sun is out and a dress or shorts and a pair of sandals is enough.

Still, even though we are all awaiting the sun in terms of that big yellow thing in the sky, there has been sunshine in other ways this week.

Tiana was born yesterday of course, and we are looking forward to her arriving back in Somero in the next couple of days. Minttu also decided me help me tidy up the flat this evening. Her idea was to throw cat food all over the kitchen floor. Because when you are 19 months old that is a totally fun thing to do.  Kiitti.

But she reminded me that there is no point getting annoyed by little things like that.

If Mummy doesn't like cat food on the floor, then the trick is to flash my big brown eyes and pout my lips and the camera and look like a supermodel. She won't stay annoyed for very long.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The February in Finland, it may be sunny and cold or mild and cloudy but not both. As soon as clouds fly away and do not stop warm air to escape, it is getting cold. It takes day or two and temperature has fallen to -30 degree or something.
Kyösti

Unknown said...

I love you blog Jody! I used to call Somero home, and now home is in Buckinghamshire where I shock my son's nursery ladies with woollen socks, hats and kauluri...

Love reading your views on Somero!

Johanna