Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crazy. Nuts. Round the Bend.

Traffic. Going round in circles in order to try and find a parking place. Someone leaving only two mouthfuls of juice in the carton and putting it back in the fridge.  Large piles of grey snow. Never being able to get on the computer, American tv series, the Simpsons....

The list of "annoying things" that I had planned for today's blog post was a long one. My drive home this evening lasted around ninety minutes, and I was able to think of annoying things I could include the whole way home. Probably not a good idea when you'd prefer to be in a better mood.

We even talked about different ways of expressing annoyance at the Somero English Club this evening. There are loads if you think about it.

I'm hacked off. It drives me nuts, mad, crazy, round the bend, round the twist and up the wall. It does my head in, it winds me up.... you get the picture.

But just as I started writing I remembered the sunrise I saw this morning, and the fact that this evening Luca told me "I don't know why, but wherever I go the sun follows me. And when the sun goes, then the moon starts..." which I thought was adorable. And I turned on the computer to find a message from someone I haven't seen in twenty years (moi Janne!), along with an invitation to a birthday party in Armenia (what a great idea Jane..) as well as an invitation to coffee with a good friend (thanks Anne) and a lovely message all the way from Kenya (perfect timing Joy, thanks). And then all of a sudden the sky was all pink again. Literally. Except this time there was no battery left in my camera so I missed it.....which of course is one of those really annoying things...

No comments: