Sunday, February 3, 2013

Somero English Club Trip to England

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who contributed to yesterday's gratitude list. It was heart-warming to hear of all the things that you appreciate about life at the moment, and it also made me feel much more positive over the weekend.

Watch out England...Somero is coming to visit!
Staying on that positive note, I am also happy to announce that the Somero English Club is planning a trip to the UK later this year in September. We will be visiting London for two nights and then staying somewhere in the countryside for another four nights, with a view to seeing as much as possible while we are there. 

We had a brainstorming session the other day where everyone could suggest the places they want to visit. So far on the list is the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Madame Tussauds, Trafalgar Square, Oxford Street and Stonehenge. In addition the group is very keen to visit several typical pubs and eat fish and chips. We are also planning to make a trip to the theatre and do a tour on a doubledecker bus. 

Air tickets at the moment are only 115 euros return (Helsinki to Gatwick) so if you are interested, then please get in contact and I will give you the details. We are hoping also to meet up with some Finns who live in England and hear about their experiences of being a Finn abroad. We promise to bring with us all the things we know you miss from here!

We hope to have fun on the trip and show Somero some of the things that England is famous for. Perhaps some time I can also persuade some of my English friends to visit us here so that we can then show you the lovely town where we live. Looking forward to September!

6 comments:

manu said...

I booked the flight tonight. I also learnt one more thing today: dont argue with your English teacher! I did it so it cost me one more coffee, now i owe her 3!

jodymerelle said...

Don't worry Manu. As you know, I don't like coffee...so I'll swap the three coffees for one hot chocolate! ok?

Anonymous said...

One of objects to visit was the tallest building in Europe,The Shard.It is a 95-storey skyscraper,opened just now in February.Even though in Moscow there is already a taller building..under construction. It is always nice to read those colourful dialogues between You and Manu...
Heikki

manu said...

okey dokey boss :)

jodymerelle said...

And I hope Heikki we will have the pleasure of your company too? And thanks for reminding me about the Shard...I will add it to the list!

Anonymous said...

Yeh, please add the Shrad if You are not going to teach us Russian too;-)
Kyösti