Friday, February 8, 2013

Time to Party

Yes, I love Finland, and particularly Somero. But let's be honest, all bias aside, the weather here today has been brutal. Snowy, grey and windy all day. I only ventured out once to do some food shopping and was back within minutes.

I am sure that a proper Finn would have dressed her children up warmly and gone out for a brisk walk despite the weather. But not me. I get the point of "fresh air," but today was a day for staying indoors. And if that means I am not a decent Finn then so be it.

Instead, I came back from the shop with everything I needed for dinner and a bag of balloons. That was enough for the little ones to create a party within about four seconds.

So we thought we could continue the party theme. If you are in Somero on Sunday afternoon then please pop in to Nuppulinna (Hämeen Härkätie 5) at four o'clock. There will be coffee and cake to celebrate Friendship Day, 50,000 hits on the blog and Katri's 18th Birthday. Everyone is welcome to come and it would be lovely to meet new people as well as those we already know. We know how to create that party feeling too. A blizzard outside and a bag of balloons. Simple as that. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Katy Henner said...

If I wouldn't live so far away, I would knock on your door at 4 O'clock ;o) Hope you'll have a nice party ;o)