Thursday, December 20, 2012

Not so Alone

Sometimes there are moments in life where suddenly you feel very alone. I had one of those this evening. At times this year it has felt as if another thing cannot possibly go wrong... and then it has done anyway... and today has really not been a good day.
Cameron
A few sad things happened today, and as usual I tried to keep positive about them. But after another conversation with my mother in which she didn't know who I was, it suddenly all became too much. I sat on the stairs of the care home and cried. What I wanted most in the world at that moment was a hug, someone to tell me that everything would work out in the end - but the reality was that there was noone there to say anything. At that moment in time I felt completely alone.

But then, a few minuters later I was home. Even though I am not a great fan of Facebook, I logged on to check to see if I had any messages. And within two minutes of doing so, three of my children, all in different places this evening, messaged me to say hello. It reminded me that there are still people out there who love you even on the lonely days, and I wouldn't be without any of my children for the world.

Then without knowing anything about how I had been feeling this evening, Cameron sent me a message to say that he couldn't wait to see me to give me a big hug. And suddenly, there it was, the hug that I had been waiting for, sent to me via Facebook. At only eleven years old, Cameron has to be one of the most sensitive males I have ever met. Whoever ends up with him for a husband will be a lucky girl!  So thank you all three of you for your lovely messages this evening, and to Cameron for the hug...you have little idea how perfect your timing it was!

If you're reading this, then tell someone in your life that you love them this evening. It might well be just the hug they have been waiting for all day.

No comments: