Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bridges

I have always liked bridges. Each one is different and they all make it possible to cross something that would be difficult to do otherwise.

It's been a bit rainy here in Somero today, but so far we've been really lucky this summer - we've had lots of sunny weather. With a river going through town which joins together several lakes, Somero is an ideal place for going out on a small boat.

Earlier this week I went out rowing with some friends in Somero. As we travelled under the bridges, they reminded me about our need for a different type of bridge at some points in our lives.

You know that feeling where it's as though you are standing at the end of a piece of land and you're not sure how to get across the river below?

Sometimes it can seem as though there aren't any bridges anywhere which will help you across, and if you're not careful you're going to fall in and drown.

That's the point where you have to make sure you don't give up looking. Every river has a bridge somewhere. You just have to be persistent and keep looking for it. Then you need the courage to go and see what might be on the other side.

I am looking for a few of these bridges myself right now, as I know many of my friends are too. If you are one of them, I hope you soon find one which will help you get to a happier place. And soon. Keep smiling!

No comments: