Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thank you everyone!

The Hymnos Choir
Despite all my fears that I would be sitting on my own in an empty concert hall, in the end everything worked out really well and our concert on Sunday was a success.

A hundred and thirty people came even though there was bright sunshine outside and they could easily have chosen to spend the weekend in the garden or at their summer houses.

Every performer did a magnificent job, we sold all the raffle tickets, loads of coffee and cakes and between us we raised 900 euros for Svensson.

Pentti Koskimaa

The Viimehetken Kuoro

Kari Luoto



Huge thanks to everyone who came, all those who volunteered on the day and of course especially to the singers and musicians who made the evening such a success.

For me personally, the best thing about the event was the way everybody worked together as a team. One thing I love about living in Somero is that there is still very much a sense of "community" here which has been missing from so many places in which I have lived.
People here come together to help others, and everyone was happy to be involved in a project whose purpose was to raise money for Svensson.

Each of the artists and groups told the audience a little of their own story and why they had chosen that particular song or piece of music, which made the whole thing more personal.

Katri Salomäenpää

Thanks also go to Heidi, Maija-Liisa and Olli for helping with the posters and fliers, Lucie and Cameron for helping me deliver them around town and Elvi for being a star all day.

None of us is able to change the world alone, but together we can achieve almost anything, and this concert was proof of that. Together we did something good. Thank you all again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jody for putting yourself on the line doing so big job by organizing that concert
Manu

Katri said...

A big THANK YOU! This concert must have been one of the greatest of my life. I went though so much emotions that night. And I still can't believe everything how people came to praise my singing after it. Definitely my high point of long time.

jodymerelle said...

Katri, your performance was really excellent, and we were all really lucky to have you there. You are a great singer...thank you for being part of the event. Let's hope we can do it again some time!