Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Blog is Back!

Hello everyone. First of all, I am sorry for the long silence. What started off as a cough in the UK three weeks ago suddenly became much worse and I am only just getting back on my feet again now. I have not been in front of the computer at all since I got back from the UK, so for the last three weeks you have been left staring at a picture of us at Stonehenge! Thank you for all your kind messages in the interim which cheered me up no end.

                                                                           Another big thank you to Marja-Leena and Kari Romu who took me to the hills in Häntälä this morning (Hantälän Notkot). We were lucky to have bright sunshine and the views were stunning. I was able to get some great photos for the Saappaat Savessa book project. If you have never visited Somero you should really put it on your list of things to do! It's beautiful!








Not only was it nice to be out in the sun today but it was especially enjoyable to be with people who appreciated every different type of bird and flower that we saw.



Saappaat Savessa!
We sometimes need reminding that in amongst all the sad and difficult things going on in the world, there are also hundreds of beautiful things surrounding us, if only we take the time to see them!

Have a happy week wherever you are and I hope you have a share of our Somero sunshine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK JODY. I think we all have really missed your interesting stories and so beautiful pics. Thank you
Manu

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that you are getting on your feet and have managed to get your wellies in mud.

Soila from Norwich